Plas Heli Cyf complies with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into effect on 25th May 2018
Plas Heli Cyf is a not for profit distruibuting Community Enterprise Company and run by volunteers for the benefit of its user groups and community.
The Plas Heli Directors have an obligation to perform their duties for the proper management and governance of the Enterprise for the benefit of the user groups and to comply with the Rules of the Governing Bodies and other regulatory authorities. To fulfil this role, Plas Heli Cyf will collect and use personal data.
This policy (together with any other documents referred to in it) describes what personal information we collect or obtain about you and how we use it.
If you undertake any of the following activities and provide personal data to us we will endeavour to make it clear why we need it and to obtain your specific consent to use it. Unless otherwise notified you will be treated as having consented to our use of your personal data under the terms of this Policy if you then:
- use any of our facilities or the facilities of Plas Heli, the Welsh National Sailing Academy and Event Centre
- obtain any goods or services from us;
- participate in any sporting event, experience day, boat show, or sporting competition run by us;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey run by us;
- visit the Plas Heli web site or any of our associate websites
- become a volunteer of the user groups of Plas Heli or in any other capacity;
- subscribe for the Plas Heli e-newsletters and updates;
- or any child for whom you are responsible participates in a Plas Heli activity;
- become an instructor;
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Plas Heli Cyf, Glan y Don, Pwllheli, Gwynedd LL53 5YT
In the membership application process of CHPSC the applicant will be asked to confirm their consent for their details to be forwarded to Plas Heli Cyf so that the appropriate discount afforded to CHPSC members can be provided. The data received and held on trust by Plas Heli for CHPSC is as follows :
- 'Membership Number' and
- 'Post Code'
Information we receive or collect about you
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Plas Heli web sites (or any of our associated event web sites), completing paper forms or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you do any of the following things: -
- Track and Trace forms for Covid-19 records
- subscribe for e-newsletters and updates;
- pay for camping on the Plas Heli ssite
- pay for car parking on the Plas Heli parking areas
- pay for pontoon berths on the Plas Heli Pontoons
- purchase any of our merchandise, goods or services;
- register as a volunteer;
- register for training or coaching programmes;
- enter or sign up for any sporting event, social event, race or cruise;
- in relation to the Plas Heli website, when you do any of the following things:
- register, visit or use any Plas Heli or associated websites;
- search our website for information, guidance, a product or service;
- participate on Plas Heli social media pages or groups;
- report a problem with the Plas Heli website (or associated web sites);
- participate or enter a competition, promotion or survey run by Plasd Heli Cyf.
- become a member of CHPSC, renew your membership or amend or update your membership details - see above for a list of data held on trust for CHPSC;
The information you give us may include
The information collected will be appropriate for the purpose intended only and may include the following:
- your name;
- your address;
- e-mail address;
- telephone number/s;
- boat details - dinghy/boat storage and pontoon berths;
- car registration details - for car parking permits
- moto-home registration details for camping
Additional Information we collect about you when you visit the Plas Heli Cyf or associated websites
We may collect additional information about you when you visit the Plas Heeli Cyf web site (or any of our associated web sites) and this may include the following:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or mobile device to the internet;
- your login information;
- browser type and version;
- time zone setting;
- browser plug-in types and versions;
- operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time);
- products you viewed or searched for;
- items purchased and the cost of those items including any discounts;
- page response times, download errors,
- length of visits to certain pages,
- page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page
- we may receive information about you from others on your behalf or at your request, for example if:
- any person makes a booking on your behalf;
- you are a minor and your parent or legal guardian provides us with information about you on your behalf.
How we use your information
We use information held about you to fulfil our obligations to you in the following ways:-
- to provide you with any products and services that you request from us including: camping, carparking, pontoon berths, room hire, race entries; participation events; social events; coaching and training services;
- to register you as a volunteer, or in some other capacity;
- to perform management and governance duties of the enterprise for the benefit of the user groups and community;
- to comply with the Rules of the Governing Bodies and other regulatory authorities;
- to consider any complaints made to us about you which is of legitimate concern to us.
We use the information to keep you updated in the following ways:
- By e-newsletter:
- to notify you about changes to our products, facilities or services;
- to notify you about activities, achievements and articles which we feel may be of interest to you;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer;
- By web site information and Articles:
- to ensure that content from the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
- to administer the site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to identify and implement improvements in the operation of the site, the content included on the site and the way in which content is presented;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the site, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness and relevance of advertising on the site.
Retention of your information
We may keep and process your personal data for so long as required to fulfill our obligation to you on your chosen service.
Where the service provided to you lapses we may retain your data for up to two years for the purpose of facilitating the renewal of your service.
We may also retain and process your personal data in a format that does not permit identification of you for historical and statistical purposes.
Where we store information about you
Passwords and PIN numbers
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or PIN number which enables you to access certain parts of the Plas Heli website, you are responsible for keeping this password or PIN number confidential. We ask you not to share passwords and PIN numbers with anyone.
Use of the Internet
The transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot, however, guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us and consequently any transmission to us is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The Plas Heli web site is SSL certified and uses HTTPS - SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral.
If we retain your personal data after the service provided to you has lapsed then you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at by e-mail here.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access your Information
You are entitled to have access to the information we hold about you. Access request must be made by e-mail to the Plas Heli Cyf here.
We will respond within a reasonable period but not more than 14 days.
We comply with the Data Protection Principles, the Data Protection Act 1998 and the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into effect on 25 May 2018.
Data protection principles
Schedule 1 to the Data Protection Act lists the data protection principles in the following terms:
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless –
(a) at least one of the conditions in Schedule 2 is met, and
(b) in the case of sensitive personal data, at least one of the conditions in Schedule 3 is also met.
- Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
Privacy and Data Protection Policy Document updated 28/09/2020 with Covid-19 data collection requirements